Friday, October 12, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday Friends!!
This is just one of my very favorite quotes ever.

First and foremost, I'm am so very very very excited for one of my best friends, McKenzie who gave birth to a healthy, happy and beautiful baby boy, Drew!!! I'm so unbelievably happy for her, her husband, and Drew's big brothers, Ike & Geno.  Eeekk!! New Baby excitement was the perfect way to start my weekend!!

What a handsome little man!! My heart melted when I saw him!!

Midterms are over and Fall Break is here!!!
This would probably be more exciting if I still didn't have to to work 40 hours next week, but whatever. Good news, I passed all my midterms! I was really only worried about Biology, but I got a 78 on that one so I was stoked!! I used to feel pretty intelligent.. then I took biology, and I felt dumb. My next big thing is the Praxis I, which I take two weeks from today!  I've been studying a lot so hopefully that will pay off. 


The Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon
I am officially training for a 13.1 mile race in the happiest place on earth.  I am so excited, and nervous, and pumped!! Stay tuned for training updates, whining and moaning about how sore I am because I'll running soooo much more than I usually do.  Also, to answer your question.. yes.. I will be running in a tutu and tiara.


Makeover Madness!
Yesterday I had sort of a mini-makeover. I got about 4.5 inches cut off my hair, bought some new tops from J.Crew, ordered a pair of my favorite jeans for super cheap and gave myself a mani courtesy of Essie's Plumberry. Am I the only weirdo who only uses dark colors when their nails are super short? Yes? Thought so..  Also, some super cute stuff I'd found on Etsy came in! It was a good day and I can't wait to show off my goodies!!
My face is red from tanning, and my eyes are bloodshot, so not the best picture, but my hair is shorter!!

Essie Plumberry with a stripe of OPI Excuse Moi

I make the best dressing room faces.



My adorable etsy find!
I Lost 5lbs!
Not a huge number, but hey! A pound is a pound, and five is four more than one!
I found this on Google images and the file name came up as "woman-sad-weight-scale".. I'm not sure why, but I found that hilarious.

I'm linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk again for H54F!! Her blog is fabulous, but I love to check out the other bloggers who link up with her for H54F!!

Now I'm off to run!!  Enjoy your weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Ahhh love those J.Crew shirts!!! I want that striped navy and white one!
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Princess 1/2 marathon! That is so cool! Your hair looks really cute. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a rough few months of training, but it will be so worth it when I cross that finish line in February! I hope you have a fabulous weekend Darlin!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. As are you!! And thanks!! You're sweet!! I didn't think you liked it!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!! Comments are like birthday presents to me so keep them coming!!! xoxoxo