Friday, October 19, 2012

H54F

Happy Friday Friends!!

I'm linking up with Lauren From My Grey Desk again for another H54F!! 

Can I just say.. It takes me an embarrassingly long time to get this post done.  I seriously started it around 6am.. It's now almost 10.  The internet is crazy full of distractions. Oh yeah.. and I'm working.. so that's part of it as well.



1. Last night my friend Katelyn from A Wife's Life texted me about the Kate Spade Friends & Family sale.  Shut the front door!!  I was dying! I'm also a poor college student, so I had to be reasonable this morning when I was shopping. I love Kate Spade so much.. I would literally buy everything she had if I could.. but I can't, so I got some cute earrings and a ring that I've been in love with since forever.
My Pretty new Earrings




The bow ring I've been lusting after forever.
2. Weddings... I have been in love with love since forever.  Tomorrow I get to go to the wedding of a high school friend.  My dad is my date (Don't judge me!).  I'm really happy for her and her fiance.

3. I made it through week 2 of training for the 1/2 marathon. I've been sore, and generally while I'm running I'm thinking to myself "Why am I doing this? No one is chasing me.."  But I am doing this to prove to myself that I can.

4. Tonight is the first night of our church Supper Club.  There are 3 or 4 different groups and we go to a different person's house once a month.  The host provides the entree, the guests bring sides and dessert.  It promises to be a fun evening of food and fellowship.. even if I am the youngest person there by far.

5. My friend Jerrica (from Home is whenever I'm with you) and I have had a few discussions recently about politics and religion.  It's so nice to have another friend to talk about those things with because usually I just don't talk politics or religion with anyone. Don't get me wrong, I love my liberal friends, and my agnostic/atheist friends so very much, but it is so nice to have another friend to grow closer with while exploring the word of God and thoughts and philosophies about faith.  Thanks to our iPhone's and the "You Version Bible app" it doesn't matter that she's in Arizona (which feels a million miles away sometimes), I know she's a phone call or text away.  On another note I really love that app. I love it hard! You can enroll in devotionals. I'm currently doing Joyce Meyer's: The Confident Woman (14 day devotional) & Promises for your Everyday Life (1 year).  I don't want to come off as preachy, so take it or leave it, but if you're looking for a small, easy way to spend some time in the word, try an iPhone bible app.  Message me if you'd like any recommendations!!

Enjoy your Friday!! Happy Weekend!!






12 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning me! I love you too! :) you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of church supper club!!


    annalizbeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun, informal way to get to know members of the church family better!!

      Delete
  3. I want those earrings and that bow ring! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Use the code for the Friends and Family sale!! It's good through Sunday!!

      Delete
  4. Stopped by from the H54F link-up, and am now your newest GFC follower (Trinity B). Cute post! I can definitely relate to feeling reluctant to talk politics and religion. So glad you have a best friend you can open up to...that makes all the difference! Look forward to following.
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! You're too sweet!! I can't wait to follow you!!

      Delete
  5. Props to you for running. I really hate it and force myself to do it!!

    I love the you version app!! Two weeks ago we had some new kids drop into our youth Sunday school class they were a little lost but I saw they had iphones and told them to download the app. How cool is it that now those kids are walking around daily with a Bible?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! For all the downsides of technology.. That is such a major plus!! I love it!!! I teach Sunday school, and that app has saved my butt more than once!! Thanks for checking out my blog!!

      Delete
  6. Yay love your Kate Spade purchases :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!! Comments are like birthday presents to me so keep them coming!!! xoxoxo