Wednesday, September 19, 2012

About Moi! Parte Uno

I'm not really bilingual.. but I wish I were!! I can speak a bit of French and a bit more Spanish. I frequently toss random words from other languages into conversation (I think it makes it spicy!)

I am the youngest daughter of my parents, Momma & Dr. B (well.. He's working on his Doctorate in "Collegiate Education".. but he's a smarty pants so I call him Dr. B).  I have a sister.  She's a mess.  There is 16 years between us..we speak frequently.. we rarely hug, but that could have more to do with the fact that she lives in Alabama and we're in NC. She has two kiddos, Nanna & Bubba (no, those are not their names.. people are creeps) Here's some family photos:
Momma, Nan & the Dr.

the Dr, Momma & Cinderella (my mom's satanic cat from hell)

the Seeessstteeerr, Bubba & Momma



We are a lively bunch, that's for sure.

I am the manager of a Curves (yess the Women's fitness facility, no it's not just for old ladies). I work about 40 hours a week, plus I get LOTS of phone calls "Sam, we need this.." or "Sam, the computer wont come back on".  I love my job, my staff and my members, but sheeesh.. I need a vacay!!  I go to school full time at Pfeiffer University. I want to be a teacher, specifically Elementary, but I'm hoping for 3rd, 4th, or 5th. I don't think I have the patience for Kindergarteners.  I really LOVE my education classes though, they are fantastic!

Why am I 24 years old and just now in college? well.. because while most people were goofing off, getting drunk, and joining sororities, I was in the Navy.  Granted, I did my fair share of drinking as well. It was fun, but I'm much happier as a civilian. I got to see some amazing places, meet some awesome people, and made a few mistakes as well, but at the end of the day, I learned a lot, and I'm thankful for that.

Okay, I've been boring enough for today... I'll post more about moi some other time!

Enjoy your humpday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!! Comments are like birthday presents to me so keep them coming!!! xoxoxo