Monday, September 24, 2012

A Political Rant... And some things you could do instead.

Okay.. I feel like this needs to be said, and I'm sure someone has said it.  I'm sure numerous people have said it.. but I haven't so here. we. go.


First of all, CAN WE PLEASE KEEP IT CLASSY?! For the love of all things chocolate, I am so sick of seeing posts on Facebook, seeing commercials, hearing radio ads, trashing the candidates.  I don't care about your political views, I just don't.  Be you a bleeding heart liberal, a super conservative, or an independent, is there really any need to call either candidate a "moron", "idiot", or "scum"? Really? Can you think of any reason at all? Didn't think so.  I know I'm not alone is being ready for the election to be over with, but my main reason for wanting it to be over is because I'm tired of the ceaseless negativity and hatred towards two men who want to help our country.  I truly believe that if you were to wade through all the crap floating around you would see that both candidates are trying to help.

I'm pretty sure that Obama is not "the Anti-Christ" and Romney obviously doesn't "Hate Women".  Are people just so miserable and unhappy in their own lives that they have nothing better to do than perpetuate the hate and unrest that so many thousands of people already feel?

So instead of whining and moaning on Facebook/Twitter/Blogs/Whatever Social Media form you choose, go out and volunteer with your party.  I work 40 hours a week and take 5 classes, but somehow I still find the time to support my candidate. If you're not particularly fond of either candidate, go spend some time with your board of elections.. Being registered to vote, in my opinion, is as important as actually voting.  You can't do one without the other

STOP THE NAME CALLING... YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!! Comments are like birthday presents to me so keep them coming!!! xoxoxo